Saturday, April 5, 2008

Maple Syrup Anyone?

Last weekend was Maple weekend in WNY, so we took a roadtrip to Hamburg, NY to visit a local Maple Farm. It was cool to learn all about how they make Maple Syrup. Ez and Ave are checking out a tree that has been tapped to collect the sugar water that will be made into syrup.
The Sugar Shack at the Smith Farm is where they boil the sugar water, causing the H2O to evaporate and condense into a super sweet maple syrup.
The distill thing...I forgot what it is called.























Avery driving a Tractor...I guess you can say it's a family tradition. We were extra careful to make sure she didn't fall off!! ...what kind of parents would let their baby fall off a tractor?? :)
A Family photo opp.
Thanks Chris and Rozannah!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Fun! I've always wanted to go to a place like that. Don't know why really. I saw a place like it on TV and really wished I could go. Anyway...very cool!